Friday 20 May 2011

Common Chickweed (stellaria media) and Common Field Speedwell (veronica persica)

Common Field Speedwell,  veronica persica.
Back to high magnification again, but prioritising good composition.  I have now progressed to a Canon 1D, so, with its larger format I will need high magnification just to fill the frame if I am photographing small flowers.

Common Chickweed, stellaria media
I am looking for small crisp, well-lit flowers that stand out from their background, constructively supported and balanced by surrounding foliage and plant elements.   I am finding that getting the lighting effects that I am looking for means taking photographs only at the beginning and end of the day, which means that, even when well into summer, I am still shooting at high ISO; but that's what a Canon 1D is for.

No comments:

Post a Comment